ServerAdministrator?

Michael Halligan michael.halligan at mypointscorp.com
Wed Mar 23 16:32:38 CST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian D. McGrew [mailto:brian at visionpro.com]
Sent: Wed 3/23/2005 2:25 PM
To: Michael Halligan; jason andrade
Cc: linux-poweredge
Subject: RE: ServerAdministrator?

I spent over $600k on Dell last year (when I say I, I say somebody above me did against my
recommendation).. What was fun was after enough calls, Dell sent out an engineer to figure out
the storage problems we'd been having (That was a month ago.. the problems just started re-occuring today..
).  He told me I should go to ServerAdministrator and stop using dellmgr for managing raid
arrays, and that it would allow me to monitor jbods.. I guess that was current information a month
ago?

I'm not sure how much we have to spend with Dell to get good service..