Graphics via the RAC?

Bj|rn Augustsson august at ita.chalmers.se
Wed Mar 23 10:29:07 CST 2005

On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 02:34:36PM -0500, McEwan, Ryan wrote:
> Not to hijack this thread, but I am doing drac on some 1850's and
> 2850's, but as soon as the machine boots all the way up, I lose sync,
> thus everything via drac.  I'm running SLES 9 and Suse 9.2.  Any
> suggestions would be appreciated.

Not sure if this is the issue, but I just read the release notes for
bios A02 for the 2850, and in there is:

* Update PXE UNDI code to version 1.2.16P6 - Fixes loss of manageability
  during PXE Boot.

Are you running A02? Might be worth an upgrade otherwise.

Might anyway, there seem to be some good stuff in there, like:

"This BIOS enables Intel XD support (aka "NX") – Please search for document
 number 1091548 within the Technical Support section of the DELL.COM
 website for more information on NX technology"

/August.
--
Bj|rn Augustsson      Sysadmin     IT Systems & Services
Chalmers tekniska h|gskola     Chalmers University of Technology
         "Damn spooky analog crap." -- John Carmack.