2600 running Linux 7.3 can't get network connection.
McDougall, Marshall (FSH)
MarMcDouga at gov.mb.ca
Tue Mar 22 08:17:13 CST 2005
What do dmesg, syslog, and ifconfig tell you?
From: Tim Mills [mailto:tmills at biap.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 8:09 AM
To: linux-poweredge at dell.com
Subject: 2600 running Linux 7.3 can't get network connection.
I have a 2600 running Linux 7.3 that I can NOT get to connect to the
- Static IP with correct gateway, DNS, etc. (I have 2 other 2600's, running
the exact same configuration, that work fine, so I have something to compare
- Server was in a different location, and moved to our local network. I
updated the network settings as stated above. It was working fine when it
left the previous location.
- There is no internal firewall running. Iptables service is disabled, etc.
- There are two network cards. I am only using one. I tried both with the
- I've tried multiple available IP's.
- I've tried DHCP, but it can not get an IP.
- I've tried different ports on our switch.
- The connection appears to be "hot" as it's port on the switch is lit up.
- I've tried different cables.
I'm stumped. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
BIAP Systems, Inc.
Visit our website at <http://www.biap.com> www.biap.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Linux-PowerEdge