2600 running Linux 7.3 can't get network connection.
tmills at biap.com
Tue Mar 22 08:09:12 CST 2005
I have a 2600 running Linux 7.3 that I can NOT get to connect to the
- Static IP with correct gateway, DNS, etc. (I have 2 other 2600's,
running the exact same configuration, that work fine, so I have
something to compare to.)
- Server was in a different location, and moved to our local network. I
updated the network settings as stated above. It was working fine when
it left the previous location.
- There is no internal firewall running. Iptables service is disabled,
- There are two network cards. I am only using one. I tried both with
the same results.
- I've tried multiple available IP's.
- I've tried DHCP, but it can not get an IP.
- I've tried different ports on our switch.
- The connection appears to be "hot" as it's port on the switch is lit
- I've tried different cables.
I'm stumped. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
BIAP Systems, Inc.
Visit our website at www.biap.com <http://www.biap.com>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Linux-PowerEdge