Graphics via the RAC?

Tim_T_Murphy@Dell.com Tim_T_Murphy at Dell.com
Mon Mar 21 07:49:58 CST 2005

> By "CR" do you mean "console redirection with graphics"?
Yes

> Oh, and is there a list somewhere of all the various RAC and
> ERA names and versions and what functionality they support.
> It's confusing.

I just googled this, hope it helps (search "Availability of RACs"):
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/software/svradmin/1.9/en/compgd/co
mp19CG.pdf

> Sounds like we can't get console graphics unless we get a
> different RAC.  Is that something we can simply buy for
> our 2650s or is it so integrated that we'd have to buy
> new machines?

The RPMs I mentioned should be on the Server Assistant CD
that came with your server. If you install and run them,
you'll get graphics console redirection using your browser.

--tim