kickstart 1850 redhat 8.0

Prashant Ranade prashant at tzti.com
Fri Mar 18 20:04:43 CST 2005

OK... I made some progress but am still stuck!

I install RH8.0 on PE1850. it got installed without the network interfaces. I installed the drivers with RPM (this rpm has dkms support) and the NICs are working and I can ping my router.

Now I wanted to get the driver disk for this module so I did the following -

1.	dkms add -m e1000 -d redhat -v  ....
2.	dkms build -m e1000 .... -k 2.4.18-14BOOT
3.	dkms mkdriverdisk  ....... -k 2.4.18-14BOOT
4.	dd from /var/dkms to /dev/fd0

Now when I try to boot from the RH8.0 cdrom and run "linux dd ks=bfs:server:/mydir/ks.cfg" it gives me an error saying the driver on the disk is not for this release of linux.

What am I doing wrong?

Prashant Ranade

TZero Technologies Inc