SNMP monitoring of dell poweredge servers

Patrick Buckley patrick.buckley at markmonitor.com
Fri Mar 18 10:58:59 CST 2005

Hello,

We have a small environment consisting of apx 40 dell poweredge servers
which are primarily 2650's. We are wanting to become more proactive in
monitoring our equipment and are looking at running snmp monitoring
utilities on our equipment. However I have not been successful in
installing the omsa utilities provided by dell. Currently I am running
Gentoo 2004.3 stable with the net-snmp package. Any help would be
appreciated. Thankyou.

--
Patrick Buckley