VMWare ESX 2.1 on Dell Poweredge 2600

Diego_Leccardi@Dell.com Diego_Leccardi at Dell.com
Fri Mar 18 04:15:32 CST 2005

Andreas,

Did you have a look at this doc?

http://www.vmware.com/support/esx21/doc/esx21_cfg_mgmt_tools.pdf

	Diego

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of Mimz.Andreas at swm.de
Sent: 18 March 2005 10:00
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: VMWare ESX 2.1 on Dell Poweredge 2600

Hi there!

We're currently testing server virtualization using VMWare's ESX-Server.
My task is now to configure the Dell 2600 to be monitored by Dell's
Openmanage IT Administrator. I downloaded several files from Dell and
tried to install them. Unfortunately, none of the shell scripts provided
did work. Now I'm a little bit stuck here and to be honest, I don't
really know what tool I need to install under Linux / Vmware's ESX
Server. The default SNMP daemon is already running but provides only
basic information.
Maybe anyone can help me out??

Thanks in advance,

Andreas Mimz