HELP: dell mib with net-snmp?

Joshua_Giles@Dell.com Joshua_Giles at Dell.com
Thu Mar 17 14:43:45 CST 2005

Try looking at my Power Solutions article.  It has a good overview of
how that stuff works.

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/power/en/ps1q03_giles

Joshua Giles

	-----Original Message-----
	From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of Anil Sehdev
	Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2005 12:04 PM
	To: linux-poweredge-Lists
	Subject: HELP: dell mib with net-snmp?

	Hi

	I read your post on
http://lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge/2003-May/031439.html
<http://lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge/2003-May/031439.html
>  and was wondering whether you could help me please.  I am also trying
to get a Dell snmp mib working with net-snmp BUT i'm not having any luck
so far.  I have downloaded the Dell_10892.txt mib file and stored it in
/usr/share/snmp/mibs on my linux box.  However when I run commands such
as "snmpwalk -c public -v2c -m ALL -OT <ip address of host in this case
it's localhost>" I don't see any information relating to the dell mib.

	I don't understand what I have to do once I have downloaded the
mib file, in addition to downloading the file do I have to run the mib2c
command? - if so how do I go abouts doing this?  Please could you offer
some advice or help in any way....i have done lots of reading around
this topic BUT so far haven't come up with anything.

	Thanks

	Anil