Server Assistant Install with Software Raid

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Thu Mar 17 11:25:24 CST 2005

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Brian D. McGrew wrote:

> Is there a way with server assistant to install RHEL3 with software raid
> turned on?  I need to installed with a 4096MB swap partition that's RAID0
> across two drives and then the balance (~150GB) that's / RAID1 across two
> drives for some custom software.

I thought the kernel naturally striped (pages being the smallest unit I
presume) across multiple swap files.  Is there any benefit in software raid
striping swap?

jh

--
"One day everything will be well, that is our hope. Everything's fine today,
  that is our illusion."                              -- Voltaire