strange ESM messages - BP temp very high

Hank heskin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 11:06:07 CST 2005

I have a new PE2650 with split a backplane in a 2x2/2x3 configuration.
 I had to reboot the machine, and noticed that afacli reported only
one enclosure.  I shut down and then opened the box and removed and
reseated the BP daughter card.  After two more reboots, both the
primary and secondary BPs were recognized during POST and the machine
booted normally.

I checked the ESM, and had the following messages:

Wed Mar 16 20:05:56 2005 BP Bottom Temp temperature sensor detected a
failure (127.0 C)
Wed Mar 16 20:05:27 2005 Backplane Unknown sensor type sensor #36,
sensor detected an intrusion
Wed Mar 16 20:05:27 2005 Backplane Unknown sensor type sensor #9,
sensor detected an intrusion

127C is 260 degrees Fahrenheit, and I doubt the card got that hot, but
what are sensors 36 and 9?  Did the sensor itself fail, causing the BP
card to shut down?

When checking OMSA, all temps were normal, and clearing the ESM
cleared the amber fasceplate error condition.

Was this just a glitch, or should I be concerned about a possible
hardware failure?

thanks.