AW: 2650 + new BIOS + 2.6.10-ac11 and it *still* crashes

Matthias Pigulla mp at webfactory.de
Thu Mar 17 03:22:38 CST 2005

> But there are so many people who seem to have done all the
> right things and still have problems.  It doesn't seem worth
> fighting.  I know some folks have decided to abandon Dell
> hardware because Dell couldn't resolve this problem.  Getting
> PERC4/DC cards and using them instead seems like the cheapest
> and best solution to me.  They're < $1k each.

I'm at that point too... DELL support recommended PERC3/Dc as a megaraid-based substitute für PERC3/Di, the card is around 1000€ for us.

The major problem is that I can't figure out a smart migration path (that is, a better solution than rebuilding a production system with lots of customer websites from scratch). You cannot move disks from one controller type to another.

Best regards,
Matthias