2650 + new BIOS + 2.6.10-ac11 and it *still* crashes

Wed Mar 16 19:26:31 CST 2005

One thing you can try is pull all drives from the backplane and go to
system setup and change from raid to scsi and reboot and go through the
loss of data questions.

Then reboot and change it back to raid answering the data loss questions
and at the end you have the F1 F2 no boot device, shove the drives back
in and do control alt delete and see if all the problems are gone.

This procedure should completely dump and clear the nvram of the 3di and
be much easier than initializing drives which can be quite deadly to
your array if not performed properly.

The loss of data questions are there because when the 3di does an
initial boot after being enabled, will find and perform an
initialization on every hard drive in the system and would result in
totally wacking and removing your containers.  This action without
drives performs the same nvram reset.
Steve Boley
SCSI Advanced Solutions Team
Dell Incorporated