PV220S Raid10 Expansion?

Eric Parusel lists at globalrelay.net
Wed Mar 16 17:28:31 CST 2005

Matt Domsch wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 03:43:31PM -0800, Eric Parusel wrote:
>>*snip*
>>I can't seem to get either dellmgr or omsa to allow me to expand the
>>raid10 array?
>>
>>I would have thought that this was supported?
>

> I encourage you to read the PowerSolutions article which was published
> this Feb 2003, "Expanding Storage on Linux-based Servers".
>
> http://www.dell.com/us/en/esg/topics/power_ps1q03-michael.htm
>
> Follow the LSI instructions, dellmgr should be able to help you.

Thanks for the document, looks informative.

I've since contacted dell linux support, and lsi support as well, and
both say no, I can't expand a raid10 array...

The lsi support knowledge base lists all the raid expansions/conversions
that can be done, and raid10 is nowhere to be found...

Wipe, reconfigure, restore :(
Should be fun :)

Thanks,
Eric