2650 + new BIOS + 2.6.10-ac11 and it *still* crashes

Craig Kelley ckelley at ibnads.com
Wed Mar 16 15:24:45 CST 2005

Mark Plaksin wrote:

>Fascinating!  You seem to be the only one with rock-solid systems.  Are you
>running the latest RHEL3 kernel?  Which version is it?  Besides turning HT
>off, have you turned off read and write caching as Matt recommended a while
>back?

Is it because of our RAID-5?  Is everyone else using level 5 as well?

Write caches are as such:

AFA0> container show cache 0
Executing: container show cache 0

Global Container Read Cache Size  : 0
Global Container Write Cache Size : 118259712

Read Cache Setting        : ENABLE
Write Cache Setting       : ENABLE WHEN PROTECTED
Write Cache Status        : Active, protected

The same is true for container 1 (this is an SMP system with two RAID-5
arrays).

This is actually a redhat 7.3 box runing 2.4.20-30.7.legacybigmem from
fedoralegacy.
Most other machines run 2.4.21-27.0.2.ELsmp or 2.4.21-27.0.2.EL from RHEL3.

--
Craig Kelley