2650 + new BIOS + 2.6.10-ac11 and it *still* crashes

Craig Kelley ckelley at ibnads.com
Wed Mar 16 13:20:49 CST 2005

Mark Plaksin wrote:

>Craig Kelley <ckelley at ibnads.com> writes:
>

>>Mark Plaksin wrote:
>>
>>    Do people have problems with 2650s and 2.4 kernels?  With 2650s and RHEL?
>>
>>We have dozens of 2650's with RHEL3's 2.4 kernel running just fine.
>>

>Do these machines see a lot of IO?

Yes, they run backup processes that transfer gigabytes of information
nightly over the network.  Additionally, the compression takes place on
the RAID-5 array, which is a lot of simultaneous read/write commands all
grouped together.  All of this while running a full-scale RDBMS
commercial package.  They vary from SMP to UP systems.  Hyperthreading
is unilaterally turned off.

--
Craig Kelley