Nagios and MegaRaid

Michael Weber mweber at alliednational.com
Wed Mar 16 11:34:13 CST 2005

Hello, Nicolas,

Check out the /proc/megaraid directory tree.  If it exists, the plugin
should work.  No rebooting required to find out, and since it only reads
from this area, it shouldn't take the server out of service at all.

Note the use of the "S" word:  "shouldn't".  YMMV

-Michael

>>> "Nicolas Ross" <rossnick-lists at cybercat.ca> 03/16 9:51 AM >>>
It is indeed included, but I wounder if my perc2 would be supported,
and I can't take that server down for testing...

Nicolas

  Nicolas Ross wrote:
Thanks,

But for now, I can't use it, only one server I have is running a rhel 3

clone (tao linux), and it's using megaraid (not 2) driver. I'm not sure
if
the controler I have in this particular machine (a perc2/dc) is
supported by
megaraid2.
  RHEL3 U3 ships with both drivers.  See this document for more
information:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-3-Manual/release-notes/as-ppc/RELEASE-NOTES-U3-ppc-en.html

  I assume that tao includes the same kernel.
E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication and any associated
file(s) may contain privileged, confidential or proprietary
information or be protected from disclosure under law ("Confidential
Information").  Any use or disclosure of this Confidential Information,
or taking any action in reliance thereon, by any individual/entity
other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited.  This
Confidential Information is intended solely for the use of the
individual(s) addressed. If you are not an intended recipient, you
have received this Confidential Information in error and have an
obligation to promptly inform the sender and permanently destroy,
in its entirety, this Confidential Information (and all copies
thereof).  E-mail is handled in the strictest of confidence by
Allied National, however, unless sent encrypted, it is not a secure
communication method and may have been intercepted, edited or
altered during transmission and therefore is not guaranteed.