2650 + new BIOS + 2.6.10-ac11 and it *still* crashes

Mark Plaksin happy at usg.edu
Wed Mar 16 10:14:12 CST 2005

Mark Plaksin <happy at usg.edu> writes:

> Our test machine crashed again today.  This time it was running 2.6.11 with
> acpi=no.  I'm trying 2.6.10-ac11 with acpi=no now.

It died too, of course.

The giant RedHat Bugzilla thread posted earlier in this thread was very
useful!  This note from Matt indicates that the problem still exists even
with the latest firmware:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.hardware.dell.poweredge/13137

I've talked to one person locally and it sounds like they've been through
Dell support and eventually gave up on the hardware because they couldn't
get the issue resolved.

I'm hoping we can get Megaraid-based cards to replace the Adaptec-based
ones we're all having problems with.  Has anybody had success convincing
Dell to provide Megaraid cards for free?