2650 + new BIOS + 2.6.10-ac11 and it *still* crashes

Mark Plaksin happy at usg.edu
Tue Mar 15 18:52:20 CST 2005

"Kevin M. Myer" <kevin_myer at iu13.org> writes:

> The server remains alive to ICMP pings.  If you portscan it, it shows
> that ports are open.  But if you attempt to connect to any of the
> services running on the machine, you get nothing.  So its alive...but its
> dead in terms of usefullness.

Our situation is similar but may be different in the end.  When we have
trouble we get messages on the console saying it can't talk the SCSI
devices.  Nothing can read or write to the disks.  But the system will
happily, for example, serve web pages that are already in RAM.

Our test machine crashed again today.  This time it was running 2.6.11 with
acpi=no.  I'm trying 2.6.10-ac11 with acpi=no now.