OMSA 4.2.0 RAID Alerts?

Homme R. Bitter homme at support.net
Tue Mar 15 13:07:42 CST 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-15 at 19:33, Steve Jenkins wrote:
> I just installed OMSA

>  I currently execute a shell script to
> page my phone if I get a voltage warning, or a chassis opening, or a
> watchdog ASR event, etc. Anyone know if any of the alerts will trigger in the
> event of an afflicted array? How about if my hot swap goes active?

Try SNMP and a SNMP warning tool, we have scripted OMSA into nagios and
it works quite well for us. There is a MIB that will let you read out
a lot of the things happening on your RAID etc. Only problem we have
run into so far is the sg module needing to be reloaded after a scsibus
reset for powervaults.

H.