2650 + new BIOS + 2.6.10-ac11 and it *still* crashes

Brian Whitehead Brian.Whitehead at LABONE.com
Tue Mar 15 12:48:15 CST 2005

Is this the wonderful 'SCSI Hang' issue with the aacraid driver?  This
problem is very sporadic and yes there are a lot of people with this
problem.  Neither Dell or Red Hat fixed it although it has been going on for
3 years now.  You can find information on the linux-poweredge list, Red
Hat's Bugzilla and even Adaptec's list.  If you want links let me know.

  _____

From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of Craig Kelley
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 11:11 AM
To: Mark Plaksin
Cc: linux-poweredge at dell.com
Subject: Re: 2650 + new BIOS + 2.6.10-ac11 and it *still* crashes

Mark Plaksin wrote:

Do people have problems with 2650s and 2.4 kernels?  With 2650s and RHEL?

We have dozens of 2650's with RHEL3's 2.4 kernel running just fine.

--
Craig Kelley

This transmission (and any information attached to it) may be confidential and
is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for
delivering the transmission to the intended recipient, be advised that you
have received this transmission in error and that any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing, or copying of this information is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify
LabOne at the following email address: securityincidentreporting at labone.com