Nagios and MegaRaid

Jordi Vidal jordivi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 12:18:25 CST 2005

Hi

I tried to use http://www.ibiblio.org/john/megaraid/  plugin to
monitor PERC4Di and PERC4eSi arrays (PE1750 and PE1850 servers) but I
got this:

# ./check_megaraid -H condemor.mydomain.com -C public
substr outside of string at ./check_megaraid line 241.
Use of uninitialized value in split at ./check_megaraid line 242.
Argument "endOfMibView" isn't numeric in numeric ne (!=) at
./check_megaraid line 248.
./check_megaraid line 255.
./check_megaraid line 255.
substr outside of string at ./check_megaraid line 268.
Use of uninitialized value in split at ./check_megaraid line 269.
Argument "endOfMibView" isn't numeric in numeric eq (==) at
./check_megaraid line 275.
megaraid CRITICAL - log drv()

I wrote plugins for PERC3Di (afacli based script) and PERC4eSi (based
on /proc info) but I couldnt wrote a standalone shellscript for
PERC4Di. If you know how to wrote one instead of the above, snmp
based, please let me know. I'm not a perl hacker :)

I use also MegaMon daemon to check the arrays so, but I want to have
it in Nagios also to get the alerts in the site-wide monitor/alert
system.

Thanks
Jordi