2650 + new BIOS + 2.6.10-ac11 and it *still* crashes

Brian Smith BSmith at lyrix.com
Tue Mar 15 10:13:35 CST 2005

Since Joe Gooch mentions the heat sink he added, if it crashes again,
trying putting one on.  Maybe some i960s get too hot.

                    Mark Plaksin
                    <happy at usg.edu>               To:     linux-poweredge at dell.com
                    Sent by:                      cc:
                    linux-poweredge-bounce        Subject:     Re: 2650 + new BIOS + 2.6.10-ac11 and it *still* crashes
                    s at dell.com

                    03/15/2005 10:51 AM

"McDougall, Marshall (FSH)" <MarMcDouga at gov.mb.ca> writes:

> I'm not sure if it was mentioned in the rest of this thread, but have you
> ruled out broken H/W?

Since it's happening on multiple machines, I'm guessing it's not broken
hardware.  We've been pounding on 2.6.11 with apci=off (thanks, Gunther!)
all morning and it's still up.  We can't reproduce the crashes at will so
we'll wait a week before declaring victory.  Weekly full backups involving
lots of of data usually crash it; I ran one this morning and it survived so
I'm hopeful!