Multiport modem card for PE 6600

Michael Scully agentscully at flexiblestrategies.com
Tue Mar 15 09:34:16 CST 2005

Barry:

	I prefer to stay external, since a failed internal modem means
taking the server down to remedy.  A power spike on a phone line will do
that, and maybe do more internal damage.

	For ease of hookup, you could try the Multitech USB models.  They
are also self powered from the USB cable, so no power supplies to deal with,
and they are about twice the size of a deck of playing cards.  Multitech is
also the gold standard in modems for durability, line conditions, and any
mission critical applications, and they are one vendor consistently
supported on Unix/Linux third party software.  I use them with Hylafax just
fine.

Scully