Multiport modem card for PE 6600

Barry Wiseman barry at gensoftdes.com
Tue Mar 15 08:44:29 CST 2005

I'm trying to install the customer's Chase PCI-RAS multiport modem card
in a new 6600.  This is a 5V card, so can only go in slot 1.  Card is
not recognized by the server (green active light does not come on, bios
setup reports no card installed in the slot).  Other types of cards do
come active in this slot, and the Chase card works fine in other servers
I have around the shop.

Is anybody using this card in this server?  Or, can anyone recommend
other hardware that will run successfully in the 6600?  I need a minimum
of four modem ports, for faxing applications.  Thanks.