1850 and PERC4e/Si

Anjan Dave adave at vantage.com
Mon Mar 14 14:04:53 CST 2005

Hi,

I am trying to install RH ES 3.0 on a new 1850 server, after activating
the ROMB PERC4e/Si...I configured the 2 hard drives for RAID1 using
Server Assistant. After booting from the first RH CDROM, the installer
is not able to see the logical drive. I tried the option of loading a
driver (Megaraid2), but it doesn't recognize the drive, and keeps asking
for loading drivers.

If I install the RH ES from the Server Assistant CD, it installs fine.

The PERC4e/Si driver I found on support.dell.com is for EMT64.

Is there a place I need to get the drivers on floppy and install it that
way?

Thanks,

Anjan Dave

******************
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are intended for the use
of the
addressee(s) only and may be confidential and covered by the
attorney/client
and other privileges.  If you received this e-mail in error, please
notify the
sender; do not disclose, copy, distribute, or take any action in
reliance on
the contents of this information; and delete it from your system. Any
other
use of this e-mail is prohibited.