AX100 and Fedora

Gunther Schlegel schlegel at riege.com
Mon Mar 14 04:49:32 CST 2005

Fran,

> Just curious if anyone has connected an AX100 to a Fedora box?  I know
> it's not one of the certified OSes according to the AX100's docs, but I

FC2 / 3 include Qlogic drivers, I have several servers running FC2 that
access an AX100. However, the EMC management applications are very slow
in comparison to their speed on RHEL3. They do not work on RHEL4 at all,
besides.

However, the Qlogic-driver included in FC2/3 is to old to support
failover inside of the driver ( if you have 2 HBAs installed in ther
server ). You can poke around that using the multipath software array
mode.

regards, Gunther

--
Gunther Schlegel                    Riege Software International GmbH
Manager IT Infrastructure                                Mollsfeld 10

Disclaimer:
You may grab my GPG key from http://www.keyserver.net .
A nonproportional font is recommended for reading.