HELP: dell mib with net-snmp?

Anil Sehdev anils at eu.citrix.com
Sun Mar 13 12:03:46 CST 2005

Hi

I read your post on
http://lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge/2003-May/031439.html
and was wondering whether you could help me please.  I am also trying to
get a Dell snmp mib working with net-snmp BUT i'm not having any luck so
far.  I have downloaded the Dell_10892.txt mib file and stored it in
/usr/share/snmp/mibs on my linux box.  However when I run commands such
as "snmpwalk -c public -v2c -m ALL -OT <ip address of host in this case
it's localhost>" I don't see any information relating to the dell mib.

I don't understand what I have to do once I have downloaded the mib
file, in addition to downloading the file do I have to run the mib2c
command? - if so how do I go abouts doing this?  Please could you offer
some advice or help in any way....i have done lots of reading around
this topic BUT so far haven't come up with anything.

Thanks
Anil