PE 2800 and strange crazy keyboard problem

Eric Wood eric at interplas.com
Sat Mar 12 20:39:42 CST 2005

Got a PE 2800, fully updated RHES 3.0.  The keyboard goes crazy somtimes
when  I open up a gnome terminal.  It's like some kind of random key is
stuck on the keyboard.  Characters are really sent to the shell and can't
break it.  I can still use the mouse, so I open up a text editor and the
keystrokes keep comming even into that program.

Not until to flip to CTRL-ALT-F1 then right back to CTRL-ATL-F2 does the
keyboard stop.  Then the keyboard works great for a while.  It seems to only
go bazerk when I leave it alone and come back to do something on the server.

The keyboard's good - I swapped keyboards.

If someone can help me figure this out I'd appreciate it.  Some
possibilites:
 - Maybe the screen save kicking in does it.
 - Maybe stopping the unicode service is doing it.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
-Eric Wood