Megaraid module recomendation

Brent Kennedy b.kennedy at CHCFL.com
Fri Mar 11 11:55:35 CST 2005

Does this also apply to 2850s also?  And is the version listed in the email below the version we should be on?

Thanks!

-Brent

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com]On Behalf Of Pauli Borodulin
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 11:43 AM
To: Manuel Bujan
Cc: linux-poweredge at dell.com
Subject: Re: Megaraid module recomendation

Hi!

Manuel Bujan wrote:
> I have been reading a lot during this week trying to find which module
> works best with kernel 2.6.X without find any good recomendation. Some
> people use the megaraid2 (unified module) from LSI and others the native
> module that is include with kernel 2.6.10 know as megaraid_mm and
> megaraid_mbox.

Please upgrade the system and raid bios to the newest versions if not
already. There are some timing issue fixes in the newest versions that
could address this problem:

SCSI RAID: LSI Logic PERC 4e/Si, Firmware, Multi Language, PowerEdge
1850, v.516A, A01 (02/03/2005)

"1. Increased memory timing margins to address the following potential
symptoms: System hangs during operating system installs or other heavy
I/O, Windows Blue Screens referencing "Kernel Data Inpage Errors" or
Linux Megaraid timeouts/errors."

Br,
--
Pauli Borodulin <pauli.borodulin at uta.fi>