Problem Serial console with Redhat Enterprise Version 3.

Daniel Schrock daniel.schrock at sekoworldwide.com
Fri Mar 11 09:27:13 CST 2005

Just so you don't feel abandoned, since no one on the list has responded.
We have the same issue that you are experiencing on the floowing hardware:
3x PE6650
2x PE2650
4x PE1750

and last but not least, 1 Optiplex Workstation that i used to test
various options.

Kernel messages display just fine, then the display stops after init
until the login prompt appears.
no boot messages at all, yet if I use 'service' to stop/start/restart
while logged into the console, the messages display just fine.

You are not alone, but no one here seems to have any clue as to what is
going on.
I also tried a few RHEL/Dell IRC channels and got a little farther, but
no solution was ever found.

If you do figure it out, please pass the information along.

.daniel.schrock,ccnp
.senior.system/network.architect
.infrastructure.manager
.seko.worldwide.
.p.630.919.4876
The Seko Infrastructure Team uses and recommends The Firefox Web Browser