8th gen monitoring (2850, 1425/1850); lshw/impi vs. osma?

Matt Peterson matt at peterson.org
Thu Mar 10 21:32:13 CST 2005

Howdy,

I'm fairly happy with the output of dmidecode (though I prefer lshw,
which has an XML output format) and ipmitool.  These tools will dump the
"service tag #", fan speeds, temperature, power supply status, and some
other goodies (it would be nice if Dell provided a "cheatsheet" mapping
"Fan 1" to where it is physically, etc).

It appears that an OSMA version for 64bit still doesn't exist; does it
really offer any additional data that the above tools don't already
output?  Thanks!

--Matt