Audigy2 with SC420

Craig Kelley ckelley at ibnads.com
Thu Mar 10 13:59:04 CST 2005

Chris Gray wrote:

>The SC420 doesn't come with a sound card, and I'm about to buy one.  Is
>their any reason I should not purchase a Creative Labs Audigy2 PCI
>or USB card?
>
>Right now, I'm running Debian with a stripped down 2.4 kernel which I
>don't think has sound support at all. Any advice on getting this going
>would be very much appreciated.

Be warned that the Audigy LS will require ALSA 1.0.8; which is built to
work with 2.6 (although they claim to have re-enabled 2.4 support).

We're using it with 2.6.10 right now.

Personally, I'd stick with a classic Live! card; very well supported and
nice to run with multiple applications at the same time.

--
Craig Kelley
In-Store Broadcasting Network