classic aacraid 'SCSI Hang' and Dell Perc 3/Di

Craig Kelley ckelley at ibnads.com
Thu Mar 10 11:10:49 CST 2005

Brian Whitehead wrote:

> Has anyone actually found a real cause and solution to this problem?

Both the suggestion to disable write caching (temporary fix) and the
upgrade to the new flash image to the following have worked for us.

Component Revisions
-------------------
CLI: 4.1-0 (Build #7420)
API: 4.1-0 (Build #7420)
Miniport Driver: 1.1-5 (Build #2361)
Controller Software: 2.8-0 (Build #6092)
Controller BIOS: 2.8-0 (Build #6092)
Controller Firmware: (Build #6092)

These are Poweredge 2650's

> This transmission (and any information attached to it) may be
> confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual or
> entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient
> or the person responsible for delivering the transmission to the
> intended recipient, be advised that you have received this
> transmission in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
> printing, or copying of this information is strictly prohibited. If
> you have received this transmission in error, please immediately
> notify LabOne at the following email address:
> securityincidentreporting at labone.com

I'm not sure if I'm the person or "entity" that this was addressed to.
I'll be quiet now.

--
Craig Kelley
In-Store Broadcasting Network