getting node power status with DRAC III/XT?

Adam Manthei amanthei at redhat.com
Thu Mar 10 12:30:53 CST 2005

I am running a Dell PowerEdge 750 w/ DRAC III/XT with firmware version 3.20,
and am having difficulty determining what the power status of the node is.
Is there a command that I can run to report such things?  I was told that
getmodinfo would work, but it's not supported by my firmware :(

I've tried updating to firmware version 3.31 but have been unable to do so
successfully.  I've tried both with the web interface and the
`racadm fwupdate` command,  Is there some trick to it that I'm just not
getting?

[root at localhost root]# racadm getsysinfo

RAC Information:
RAC Date/Time         = Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:20:57 GMT-06:00
Firmware Version      = 3.20 (Build 10.25)
Firmware Updated      = Thu, 10 Mar 2005 11:53:25 GMT-06:00
Hardware Version      = A02
Current IP Address    = 172.16.31.191
Current IP Gateway    = 172.16.31.254
Current IP Netmask    = 255.255.254.0
DHCP enabled          = TRUE
Current DNS Server 1  = 192.168.0.5
Current DNS Server 2  = 192.168.0.6
DNS Servers from DHCP = FALSE
PCMCIA Card Info      = N/A

System Information:
System ID    = 0165h
System Model = PowerEdge 750
BIOS Version = A03
Asset Tag    =
Service Tag  = CQXYV61
Hostname     = vamp1.msp.redhat.com
OS name      = Linux 2.4.21-4.ELsmp
ESM Version  = 3.20

Watchdog Information:
Recovery Action         = No Action
Present countdown value = 0
Initial countdown value = 0

RAC Firmware Status Flags:
Global Reset Pending Flag = 0

My apologies if this is one of those FAQ type questions, but I haven't been
able to find the information in the lists yet :(

Thanks!
--
Adam Manthei  <amanthei at redhat.com>