Debian Sarge SNMP Monitoring PE2650

jay jay at ffsi.com
Wed Mar 9 11:48:00 CST 2005

Hey guys,  I just finished setting up debian sarge on a PE2650 (RAID,
SMP) and I got OMSA 1.4a working by (basically) following
http://www.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~aschultz/dell/sa-1.4.0a.txt.  Ive seen
references to SNMP functions in the SA but Im not quite sure how to set
everything up properly for that.

I have the snmpd and snmp packages installed (UCD-SNMPD) and working in
their installed configuration.  What exactly can I monitor via SNMP and
how do I set up my system to do it?  Ideally, Id like to be able to
recieve much of the info available in the SA via SNMP. Is this possible?

I've only used the most basic SNMP functions for mrtg and the like, so
I'm kinda fuzzy on how MIBs work, if I need new/different ones to
monitor the PE2650, etc.  Any howtos, explanations, and advice is welcome.

thanks,
Jay Wineinger