SuSE 9.2 with aacraid controller solved

John Duraiswamy jduraisw at smtp.aed.org
Wed Mar 9 08:15:01 CST 2005

Jan,
Is there a solution for SLES9 and PE750, I ended up in installing suse
pro9.1 but we have to install SLES9 on it.

Thanks

John Duraiswamy, CCNP
Network Engineer
Academy for Educational Development
Washington, DC
Tel. 202-884-8116
Fax. 202-884-8464

>>> Jan Theofel <theofel at etes.de> 2/11/2005 4:53:36 AM >>>

Hello,

we had some problems here installing SuSE 9.2 on a DELL PowerEdge
750 with an integrated CERC SATA Raid controller. The problem is
a well known bug in the aacraid kernel module. I also wrote two
personal mails to list members, because I was not a list member
till yesterday.

To solve this problem we created a kernel module disk which can
be use for installing SuSE 9.2 on these servers using a manual
installation.

You can find the disk floppy image and an installation guide here:
http://www.etes.de/service/know-how/install_suse_with_aacraid_kernel_module

I hope this will help some people out there. ;-)

Bye
Jan

new media 2005:
Auf der new media 2005, die am 22. und 23. Februar 2005 in Neu-Ulm
stattfindet, stellen wir an Stand 108 aus. Als Schwerpunkt zeigen
wir dort das zukunftsweisende ERP-2 System ESS. Wir freuen uns auf
Ihren Besuch! Weitere Informationen finden Sie unter:
  http://www.etes.de/news/newmedia_messe_2005_ulm

--
Jan Theofel                              Fon:  +49 (7 11) 48 90 83 - 0
ETES - EDV-Systemhaus GbR                Fax:  +49 (7 11) 48 90 83 -