uninstall downgraded DKMS aacraid driver?

John_Hull@Dell.com John_Hull at Dell.com
Wed Mar 9 07:52:01 CST 2005

Uninstalling the aacraid RPM will do it. It will remove all of the
build/installed modules on your system, leaving you with the original
aacraid module native to your kernel.

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-admin-Lists On Behalf Of Hank
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2005 7:48 AM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: uninstall downgraded DKMS aacraid driver?

While trying to diagnose a server hang of me PE2550, it was recommended
on this list that I install the official Dell/Redhat EL 3.0 driver (DKMS
1.1.4-2302 via the broken RPM) to replace the existing one
(1.1-5[2361]), which I did, but the server still hanged.
(See my "Spurious hangs on PE2550" thread for those details).

I think I finally solved the problem - it was a bad 18GB drive on my
RAID 5 array, but the controller wasn't catching it.... finally it
failed and the controller caught it without crashing/hanging the system.
I removed and replaced the drive, rebuilt the array, and my server
hasn't hung or crashed since.

How can I uninstall the DKMS 1.1.4-2302 and get back to the latest
1.1-5[2361] version I started with, or should I even bother?

Thanks.