XFree86 on PowerEdge SC420

Marcus Better marcus at better.se
Wed Mar 9 07:44:00 CST 2005

Hi,

I am trying to configure XFree86 for a PowerEdge SC420. Which X server
should I use? I tried i810, but it doesn't seem to work.

I am running Debian sarge, kernel 2.6.10.

lspci shows:

0000:00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corp. Graphics Controller
(rev 04) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
         Subsystem: Dell: Unknown device 0180

In the XFree86 logs I get the following:

(--) PCI:*(0:2:0) Intel Corp. unknown chipset (0x258a) rev 4, Mem @
0xdff80000/19, 0xf0000000/27, 0xdff40000/18, I/O @ 0xecd8/3

I guess I could use the VESA driver, but that seems suboptimal.

Does anyone have a working XF86Config file using an accelerated driver?

Thanks,

Marcus