error messages with backup on new 2850

Brandon Coale bcoale at freeway.net
Wed Mar 9 07:41:00 CST 2005

I tried a status and it looks to me like it is setup correctly:

[root at sbsmegasys root]# mt -f /dev/st0 status
SCSI 2 tape drive:
File number=0, block number=0, partition=0.
Tape block size 512 bytes. Density code 0x47 (TR-5).
Soft error count since last status=0
General status bits on (41010000):
 BOT ONLINE IM_REP_EN
[root at sbsmegasys root]#

We're using brand new tapes that we purchased from Dell with the server.
We've tried different tapes and still have the problem.  I am wondering if
anyone has any more suggestions?

Thanks,
Brandon