real-world amperage or wattage requirements

Magnus Ahl Magnus.Ahl at infogate.se
Wed Mar 9 04:33:01 CST 2005

I re-attached the wattmeter to one of our PE2650 servers and let it run for
15 minutes, just for fun. The results are 269 W and 1,32 A at 222 V. Then I
loaded the machine with some kernel compilations and intense disk-accesses
to make the RAID system work real good. The figures increased to 288 W and
1,40 A. Note: this is when all (7?) fans are working in normal temperature
controlled fashion. If they need to vent some heat, or if the redundancy is
reduced and they spin up their rpm to "insane airplane jet engine mode",
perhaps the load will increase even more.

regards,

/Magnus Ahl, Infogate AB