SuSE Linux Open Exchange 4.1 and PERC4e/Di

Tom Knight thomas.knight at ahds.ac.uk
Wed Mar 9 03:19:01 CST 2005

Good luck!

I've recently had the joy of trying to install SLES8 (again based on UL1.0)
on a 2850 with the same result. I wanted to install SLES9, but the Dell sold
software (Veritas) isn't certified on SLES9, only SLES8.

Response from Dell is basically that I can try a newer megaraid driver, but
then my SLES8 installation won't be supported, or I can install SLES9 and
wait until May for Veritas to be okay on SLES9. Gone for the latter.

I know this won't help you install SLOX4.1, just thought I'd let you know
that yes, the megaraid2 with SP3 really won't work, you'll have to try a
newer version./

Suggested links from my Dell account manager:

"apparently you can load the appropriate drivers using dkms 2.x.
There is additonal information on the mailing list regarding this issue,
here:
http://lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge/2005-January/042082.html

and megaraid 2.10 + drivers here:
ftp://ftp.lsil.com/pub/linux-megaraid/drivers

I'm not a linux guy, so I do not know how much time and effort this involves
on your part. Please reply as to whether you wish to try this."

Tell a lie, he's my "Partner Engagement Manager"

Sorry this isn't much help,

Tom.

--
Tom Knight