Knoppix autodetection and PE 2650

Sven Hergenhahn Sven.Hergenhahn at eur.sas.com
Wed Mar 9 01:56:00 CST 2005

Hi Andrew,

> When booting the omsa-knoppix cd, I have to turn off scsi
> autodection because the perc card reacts badly to an earlier
> autodetection attempt.

Yes, I had the same problem when I remastered Knoppix with a test PE1750. However, after a complete boot process, the SCSI disks were available for mouting. As I initially only created the omsa-knoppix for my own purposes, when I was able to access the disks (even without scsi-autodetection), it was OK for me.

The default cheatcodes (when just pressing Return) are: "knoppix nodma noscsi atapicd" - this works fine on the Dell 1750s.

Hope this made it a bit clearer to you,
Sven

Sven Hergenhahn
Information Technology Services