SuSE Linux Open Exchange 4.1 and PERC4e/Di

Joseph Hammerman jhammerman at idetic.com
Tue Mar 8 21:43:20 CST 2005

Hello, I'm trying to install SLOX 4.1 (which is based on United Linux 1.0)
on a Dell Power Edge 2850. I got the disk images for service pack 3, and
booted off them, which added the megaraid2 driver to the kernel module list.
However the driver still won't work for the RAID controller. I get the error
message that the hard drive cannot be detected. Matt Domsch directed me
toward this list with the following message:

Your best bet is to post your query to our public mailing list
Linux-PowerEdge at dell.com (subscribe and read archives, probably where you
found my name, at http://lists.us.dell.com <http://lists.us.dell.com/> ).
As a lot of people on that list run various flavors of SuSE, someone there
will be in a better position to answer than I am.  The answer will likely
involve backporting the megaraid2 driver from 2.4.30ish (whatever the
current 2.4.x in bitkeeper is today) to the kernel of SLOX 4.1, but I don't
know what that is off hand.

Thanks,

Matt

            Anyone ever installed this or SLES8 with service pack 3 on a
2850? If someone can even point me toward some resources I would appreciate
it.