Dell OMSA SNMP

Johnny Mirza Johnny.Mirza at poports.com
Sun Mar 6 21:07:00 CST 2005

Hello

I wanted to know if anyone has an idea of what ports snmp uses.

The reason why i'm asking is we have a dell omsa server on a different
network to all the clients, and the traffic need to go through a firewall.

Do you know what ports need to be opened to allow this traffic to pass, I
know snmp used udp/tcp 161, but it seems that when a snmp request is sent to
the omsa server it is using a number of different ports, ranging frpm 25000
to 35000.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Johnnym

"This e-mail and its attachments are intended for the named addressee only and no liability is accepted for use or reliance on any part of this e-mail by any other person.  It is confidential, may be subject to privilege and is also subject to copyright.  No part of it should be reproduced, adapted or communicated without the written consent of the copyright owner.  Any confidentiality or privilege is not waived or lost because this e-mail has been received by you and you are not the intended recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient, please let us know by reply e-mail.

Please note that e-mails can be interfered with, can contain computer viruses or other defects and may not be successfully replicated on other systems.  This footnote confirms that this e-mail message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.  However whilst the sender has taken reasonable precautions to minimise the risk of this email and any attachment containing viruses, we cannot accept liability for any such viruses and we give no warranties in relation to any of the above matters.  If you have any doubts about the authenticity of this e-mail please contact the sender immediately.  No responsibility is accepted for any changes made to a document other than those made by the sender."