Retrieving the MAC address out of a ERA/DRACIII

Eberhard Moenkeberg emoenke at gwdg.de
Sat Mar 5 15:20:00 CST 2005

Hi,

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005, Michael Halligan wrote:

> What I was really looking for was basically a hidden racadm command or
> something.. But, I'm just the consumer, I'm sure there's a very logical
> reason why Dell wouldn't want to put that functionality into any of it's
> interfaces.

The PowerEdge-RAC perl package does display the MAC address of the ERA
port with the show_all_info.pl call from the examples directory.
You call it remotely at a host which has an ethernet connection to the ERA
port.

MAC_ADDRESS              = 00065BFD76BAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

is a real example. You have to grep it - output is very long (almost
everything the ERA is able to tell).

Cheers -e
--
Eberhard Moenkeberg (emoenke at gwdg.de, em at kki.org)