PE 6450, PERC 2/DC, and PV210S

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Fri Mar 4 22:38:01 CST 2005

On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 01:10:00PM -0600, Matthew Boehm wrote:
> Are there no 3rd party (opensource) apps that can do the same?
>
> I downloaded this tarball off dells website that contained the following
> apps:
>
> cerc_linapps_x04.tar
> dellmgr-5.22-0.i386.rpm
> lin_apps_a04.tar.gz
> linflash-2.14-0.i386.rpm
> Megamon-3.6-0.i386.rpm
> percsnmp-4.06-1.i386.rpm
> percsnmp-4.06-1.tgz
>
> Can none of these help me monitor our RAID?

Yes, they can.  dellmgr is a text-console tool for interactively
querying an LSI-made RAID controller (which your PERC 2/DC is).
Megamon is more of a poll-and-send-email-on-failure app, and percsnmp
is a net-snmp subagent, so you can roll that into your (existing) SNMP
management framework.  Each RPM should have enough documentation to
get you started.

Also, you noted in your first email that planetmirror.com still
mirrors my old (now-historical) domsch.com/linux site.  Up to date
information is available at http://linux.dell.com/ now.

Thanks,
Matt

--