Fedora install on 4400

Salada, Duncan S. duncan.salada at titan.com
Thu Mar 3 14:02:01 CST 2005

Hi,

I've got a 4400 with a PERC 2/DC RAID Controller that I'd like to install Fedora Core 3 on.  The system came with (and currently has) NT 4.0 on it.  The Fedora install correctly identifies and loads the megaraid driver.  But shortly into the process (setting up partitioning), it tells me that it can't find a hard drive (incidentally the same thing happens with Suse and Ubuntu).  Do I need to format the drives using the PERC utility?  Or is there something else going on?  I did install the latest firmware from Dell (v 1.06 I believe).

Duncan