PE750: CD not recognized by Debian Sarge

BC Rocks bcrocks at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 13:11:01 CST 2005

Hello all,

Same problem here of the drive not being recognized with Mandrake 10.1
and 2.6 kernel.  We have another 750 here running RH ES running 2.4,
and the drive was recognized without a hitch.

My workaround to install was to use the DVD/CD to boot the install
program (which worked) and then do an NFS install because the DVD/CD
would crater immediately after selecting the DVD/CD as the
installation media source.  There is no sign of the DVD/CD on the
system after installation and I am trying to get Linux to recognize
the drive now.

Anyone else with further thoughts or hints?

Thanks,
Jim