omsa 4.2.0 silent install on X-less system?

Hal Wine hal at reactivity.com
Wed Mar 2 14:04:00 CST 2005

I am having trouble getting om420_lnx_managed_system_A00.tar.gz to
install in a silent manner from the machine's console.

I'm using the command line:
  dell/omsw/start.sh -license -silent -nosnmpsets -noinstallweb

First it fails because the script tries to open an XTerm.

When I set TERM=screen to avoid that issue, the install fails because an
X library (libXp.so.6) is not present.

If I copy an old prepunat.sh from the 4.0.1 System Mangement cd (latest
I had handy), and create an installer, I avoid the first problem.
However, there is still the X library error.

Any one know of a workaround to avoid installing the X libraries?

Thanks,
--Hal